Wednesday, November 10, 2010

6 weeks = a habit!

Well it's been 41 days from the start of my new healthy lifestyle. I don't call it a diet, because then I would be setting myself up for failure. Instead I have changed my life, they say it takes 6 weeks to make a habit. Well tomorrow is the beginning of my 6th week, so I think it's fair enough to say that I have made this a habit. My day consists of waking up, actually eating breakfast, heading off to the gym, where 3 days a week I do water aerobics with some cardio, and the other days cardio and weights. Then back home to eat lunch, cook dinner, then off to work.

What have I learned you may ask? I have learned that it's all about the difference of the calories intake and the calories output. I have learned that 8 cups of water isn't enough, instead you have to drink half your body weight in ounces. I have learned that I have to eat my allotted amount of calories, that you have to actually eat in order to loss weight the right way. I have learned that if I want dessert, then ok eat it, but in moderation and then try to eat it healthier. I have learned that even though I don't put extra salt on my foods, that I need to be very cautious with the amount of sodium in foods, soave greatly no processed foods, everything I eat now, I make, so that I don't have more water retention. I have learned that I can do it on my own, and my new friends on www.myfitnesspal.com helps me to stay motivated, encouraged, and accountable. I have learned that I love water aerobics, I love the cardio wave, and I just started to make friends with the elliptical now that it doesn't bother my knee.

In 6 weeks I have lost 23.4 pounds, a few inches throughout the body, making me 9.6 pounds away from my mini-Christmas goal. It is so close I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. When I meet this goal, I am going to reward myself by purchasing a HRM so I can accurately count my calories that I burn. So now you know where I have been, and what I have been doing in the past 6 weeks.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Thats awesome Ashley!

After I have the baby, I need to work on losing my extra weight (and not just the pregnancy weight) I think reading this post was encouraging!

The Echols said...

WOW! I am so happy for you!! I am inspired to use my elliptical too now. I tried a few mornings, but I have been too lazy. You are awesome!!!!