Monday, February 22, 2010

ICE!!!


i can officially say "i hate ice!" i love snow. i am from Alaska after all. but i hate ice. people say that is an oxymoron since i am from Alaska...but hello there is more snow then ice up there people. i don't know what it is with winter, but my ally behind the house hates ice and snow and everything in between. maybe it is because you have to back out of the driveway onto a gravel hill and go up it that makes in intolerable with my car. i so wished i had a 4 wheel drive vehicle. anyways so last night we had a wintry mix storm like thing come through town. as i drove home from work, i pulled into the ally and slid down the hill, past my driveway and was able to stop by the end of the road. i was able to get turned around but it was impossible to get back up the hill. so today i woke up, attempted to leave for class, car wouldn't move, called the free insurance roadside assistance and it took them 7+ hours to get there due to tons of accidents. in the process my good friend Steve came over to help try and get me out. he couldn't but he ended up getting his car stuck. however the good news with my car being in the ditch is that Cady got a good play in with the puppy next door. needless to say i am parking on the street until the ice melts.

1 comment:

The Echols said...

The ice in this state has made me hate the winter so much!