Monday, March 15, 2010

new hires

Life at work can be stressful when there is short staffing. On evening shift we have a very tight shift, and most of the orientee people never make it off of day shift to come to ours. CMS just hired 4 new people, but the reality is that not all of them will make it. It is quite sad especially when we need help! I usually don't like new people and having to train them, because they act like they know everything, and are better then you (especially when I train RN's). Needless to say they don't realize that working at the prison an RN and LPN does the exact same job, and it is more about experience with this line of work. With the 4 new people, Kaytee is one of them, so I am finding myself reflecting on why I don't like new people, and finding myself more wanting to help them understand our protocols and why we do things the way we do. It is quite interesting. Yesterday I got called in on my day off, simply because our one of two PRN people called in sick and the other was working. I can now say I can't wait for these people to get off orientation so that I don't get called in on my weekend off!

No comments: