Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life on Hold

Since Easter Kaytee's Aunt Lori has been with us, helping with Carigan as Kaytee has transitioned from day shift training to evening shift training. Tiny Treasure Daycare is only open till 6, which doesn't help since evening shift doesn't finished work till 11:30. It seems that Kaytee has enjoyed life as a correctional nurse so far and really has clicked with my coworkers well. During her training she managed to have an ear infection, then an ongoing fever, cough, and finally on Tuesday the doctor diagnosed her with right lobe pneumonia and admitted her in the hospital (which is where I am typing this now as I watch her sleep). She is having breathing problems, and reactions to the med neb treatments at this time. Thankfully Aunt Lori is sill in town (although I think she leaves this weekend, but that might change depending on how Kaytee is doing) and is more then helping with Carigan and keeping the fort down.

It seems like many people I know is in MRMC right now, so while Kaytee sleeps, I make my rounds down the hall to check on them. 2 friends had babies this week. A very close friend, Eric, who use to live with me when I was at Julia and Derricks is in for pneumonia, but his is much worse, and he is on a ventilator in the ICU. It's extremely sad watching him and his parents fight over their 30 year old son. Please keep Eric and Kaytee in your prayers.

Today I had to play the role of Kaytee to Carigan as I took her to her WIC appointment. Thank God Carigan looks more like me then Kaytee, and people don't even bat an eyelash when they see us together. When Carigan was only 6 months old Kaytee and I were car shopping and the salesman proceeded to tell me that I had a very good nanny for Carigan (meaning Kaytee)!

No comments: