Tuesday, July 27, 2010

man of God

Is it possible for a person to come into you life and change you just in one encounter? I have been thinking that for a while now. I met one person, who makes me want to be better in life. One meal is all it took. An encouragement to return to church, to even recommend one. Me being the internet junky that I am googled the church and found this on their website: "A missionary is God's child in God's place doing God's work in God's way in God's power for God's glory." This may not mean anything to you, but it does to me. Because in a tiny village in the northwest mountains of Haiti, there is a missionary that has this saying edged into the wall. I found it on accident one day and it has stuck with me ever since. I believe I even have it written in my Bible and probably as a fb quote. I haven't thought about it in many of years, and then to come across it like this has hit me square in the face. To reevaluate where I am in life. Which brought me to the person I met all over again. The character he portrayed to me, was one of a godly man, a kind of man that I was as a spiritual head in my future family. It got me thinking about how the Word says "it's not good for man to be alone". I never have sat down before to think what I want in a man, but I want a man that will stand up and share his beliefs (religion and politics) on a first date, a man that asks to pray for the dinner, that speaks highly of his church. Anyways all I got to say is that I can't wait for that man of God to be revealed to me one day.

No comments: