Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hightlights of the Week

This week we hit the 5 month mark of being married. What's even crazier is that we just his the 10 month mark of officially being together. It's crazy seeing how fast time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle, but really it seems like forever that I have been by Steve's side. I love being married to my best friend. This past Sunday we actually were able to go to church together. And as a result, we stepped out in faith and became members with the body of Christ at the First Baptist Church. We have been attending the church since December, and finally were able to join. It seems like we had only been talking about it forever. We were welcomed with open arms. I love how "small" feeling it is. Where the pastor knows your name and everything about you. We have met with him a few times, even have him on our facebook. Even as we walked down the aisle, the pastor said something along the line of "so I take it you are finally joining". This is the exact place that I have been looking for to settle down and raise a family in. We decided to not keep Nova, the husky. She was fun to have. We did a 2 week trial with her, but in the end, we knew it was for her best if she went back to my coworker. Cady played with her, but it's very obvious that Cady is the queen of this castle and is much happier and prances around more being an only dog. She cracks me up. I just love her to pieces and am very protective of her. This week I came home from work and she was outside in the rain, drenched and muddy. Oh I was livid. But like I said, she is my baby and I am very protective of her. Maybe a little too much... Yesterday I completed my last evening shift for 3 weeks. Monday morning me and 3 other nurses are heading to Jeff City for the Academy, aka DOC training. Free hotel rooms, gas and food reimbursement...yay mini vaca! Except that we will be sitting in a classroom 8 hours a day learning how to handcuff, pepper spray and write violations and of course take test...you know the every day things I as a nurse use...haha not. I am not sure why it's a requirement for nurses to attend the custody training, but you know whatever, it's a free vacation. The only thing that perturbs me about this is that I have been there for 4 years, and they are just now sending me and I am still a newly wed! I am dreading being away from Steve for 3 weeks. Oh well, se la vie! Anyways I think that is the highlights of the news of the week. Got to get the cleaning and laundry done so I can pack for my trip...until next time...

No comments: