Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Eh"

Today is an "eh" day. A day of feeling indifferent. It started out as a lazy day off, slow to start, just watching the puppies play and drinking coffee. Then as the day progressed I just got into a funky mood. I paid the bills for this pay period. I hate how quickly money comes in that it quickly goes out.

Can I just say I hate Steve going to work, especially on days that I have off. I think it would be better and different if we were on the same shift. But days like today it's like "yay a day off with my hubby...but oh wait only until 2pm". I think I should just be thankful for the time we do have together. But it seems easier to complain about it haha.

However I feel that I shouldn't complain. I have a God who loves me, a fabulous husband who loves me unconditionally, 2 adorable dogs, a good job that I enjoy most of the time, supportive friends, food in the fridge, and a roof over my head. I need to be thankful for this - especially because it is November after all.

On a brighter note, The Jones' household is starting the healthy bandwagon again. Steve wants to try a gluten free diet, and I think we need to just eat healthy and exercise. So no more crappy foods, as little to no gluten as possible, no processed foods, etc. Basically lots of fresh fruits and veggies and meat. So whatever crappy food is in the house now is it for a long time. Last night I made a Tuna Casserole. I sauteed some celery, and was definitely reminding how much I want to be able to cook and people actually enjoy what I make, and not just eat it cuz it's edible! I think I need to start watching the cooking channel again...

I am also looking at how to save money, so eating healthy will definitely help with the very limited eating out. Sorry honey no more Taco Bell! Maybe I should try the couponing thing. Back to balancing the check book as well. People keep saying I am going to have a honeymoon baby. The idea of raising a family and the debt we got makes me cringe. So it has me thinking that maybe I should start working on saving money/paying off debt. So that's what I am going to do. Can you say hello budgeting?!? Any ideas on saving money out there?

The past two-ish weeks I have been having problems with nausea. Nothing ever sounds appeasing to me, except toast. Tonight my dad called me and after talking to him the flood gates opened. The last time I cried was back in March when I finally admitted to Kaytee why I ran to DC. I am not a crier. I am not am emotional person. Today I am though. Ever since my dad called I can not stop the tears. My eyes are burning. It stinks. It makes me wonder...Nah.

P.S. I want it to snow and I really am going to start reading my new Nicholas Sparks book that has been keeping my love seat company.

2 comments:

Mary Emberton said...

Certainly does sound like you could be pregnant. These were the only symptoms I seem to have gotten the last two pregnancies. Might be worth a test! :)

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog hang in there and I can definitely be you guys accountabilty partner for being healthy and exercising as i am in the same boat. :-)