Sunday, November 29, 2009

one holiday down and two more to go


With Thanksgiving being officially over, its now on to the Christmas season. Christmas decorations are slowly being put up around town, and even slower in our house and schedules conflict. Christmas songs on the radio...but of course not in church today. The entire service I sat their baffled that not a single Christmas song was played...yet 2 weeks before Thanksgiving that is all we sang about.

Thanksgiving was a hoot. Caitlin and I got to take Cady up to Peoria to my relatives. She had a blast with all the company and turkey she was allowed to eat, and only went to the bathroom once in the house when we were gone. It was a nice time of relaxation, shopping, food, and seeing the Blind Side. And of course Caitlin getting ottitis media along with a nasty cold. But over all it was good, but its always nicer to be back home in your own bed.

On a sadder note I got my December schedule for work. I asked off for Christmas, and instead of giving it to me, they gave me the Saturday/Sunday afterwords off. Oh well. Life sucks as your grow up and choose the medical field as a career choice. It seems like its one of the fields that is constantly up and running 24/7 365 days a year. So my Christmas agenda will be me and Cady just chilling at home to hot chocolate, Christmas movies, and enjoying the snow before going into the wonderful world known as a prison.

No comments: