Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Season

As I entered this new phase of my life I was so excited to return to Moberly and hopefully get back involved in a church. I no longer can say that I am in town for school, no this is the place I have chosen to set my roots in for the next season of my life. I am in Moberly with a house, dog, friends, and of course a job that most of the time I love. Do I want to be here forever, umm yah probably not. But for the time being I like the small town way of life, and the way my life is going. I am content for the most part. I would love to get married and have a family, it seems like the majority of my friends are doing so, but that isnt in His plans for me right now, and I am okay with that.

On Friday I went and saw Kaytee and Carigan. I got to meet 2 wonderful Chrisitan couples that Kaytee has become a part of, like a mini family. One where there get together and rely on eachother for help raising their children and growth in their faith. It made me think of the saying "it takes a village to raise a child".

I began to realize a few weeks ago that I am not content with church. I have been going to North Park, and when I was in school I was teaching Sunday School. That was the one thing that kept me going there. However now that I have come back it seems like I am just another lonely person in the crowd. I attempt to drag myself out of bed on Sunday mornings, sometimes I don't win, but today I did thanks to Cady wanting to go outside and the lovely day light savings. I love Pastor Howard, but he is sadly retiring due to health. As I sat in the crowd today I found myself looking around and realizing they are all older people. Not one person my age was in the crowd. And this saddens me. Because I need a church where I can belong. A Church where I can meet people and feel connected, in a family way. Does this make sense? As North Park is changing I wonder if it is time for me to start looking for a new church family...

No comments: