Sunday, May 9, 2010

mothers day

Mother's Day is awkward for me and my siblings. What do you say to a women who abandoned your family yet wants to have a relationship with you? Of course I can't just hop a plain and fly to Virgina to be with Darla, my stepmom whom was more of a mom then my biological mom. So instead for the first time in my life I drove to Illinois with my travel companion, Cady, to be with her for mother's day...it was awkward. How do you say "happy mother's day, thanks for leaving us" I don't have any hard feelings against her, I even love her in my own way, but awkward it still was. Oh well I did my deed, I got her a present, had lunch, and came home today.

My travel companion does great in the car, and behaved her self very well until last night when she decided she had to sleep with me on the couch. With me I mean, me laying on the couch with her jumping on top of me to lay on top me the ENTIRE night. It was a grand night, let me tell you. needless to say it is nice to be home.

tomorrow is my last day of class, strange i know for being a monday, then 3 finals. i am so ready to have my sleep in back!

No comments: