Monday, June 27, 2011

Love and Marriage

Well I am at work and have a few minutes of free time before we get busy so I figured I would do a quick update. I just flew back to DC from Chicago where Brandy got married. It was a bittersweet occasion d/t Alex's mom passing away early Friday morning from a very long battle with breast cancer. But the wedding still went off without a hitch, and the gorgeous bride became Mrs. Woody. Since I am at work I don't have a picture to post, so you'll just have to hop on over to fb and take a gander for yourself.

I switched over to night shifts last week. This week I am "offically" on my own and off orientation, but that's only d/t half of the crew being on vacation. I enjoy nights, they are usually a little more quieter, but alot more paperwork. The only down side to the job is that there isn't a whole lot of patient care. It's mainly medication passes, paperwork, and emergencies. The other day we had a guy have a heart attack on us, ended up going through open heart surgery and surviving the whole ordeal. He came back to us the day before I went to Chicago, and in most places he would have been placed in an infirmary for pain control and close monitoring. But we don't have an infirmary. So we placed him in our TB isolation room, the closest room that we have to medical for observation. I was reminded how much I loved working in the infirmary setting and having more one-on-one patient care.

The past 3 days I have been gone I have realized one thing...that I have fallen and fallen hard for a guy. I never knew it was like physically painful to be away from someone (thank God for texting), and for crying out loud it was only 3 days! I think what made it worse was that I was running on very little sleep, high on emotions, and love was in the air. But let me tell you in the past 6 years of the making God has been orchastrating a love story of my own and I feel like I am sitting on a couch watching it take place before my own eyes. I am not a very touchy feely person, and I especially don't like to tell the whole world what I am thinking or feeling when it comes to the most intimate of my being, but let me tell you this, I have fallen in love with my best friend, and I am honestly very happy with the direction my life is going in.

1 comment:

ashley said...

i'm so happy for you