Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another rambling post...

Yesterday I was able to pay off another debt completely. It's such a relief and accomplishment knowing that another debt has bit the dust. I have 2k left on my car, and I am bound and determined to pay off that thing by the end of the summer.

Is it typical when an individual is drawn to another individual, that they want to know everything about them? I mean every single thing. Sure I have known him for a bazillion years, and sure we even shared a house together, and I thought I knew him pretty well, but I am finding myself more amazed at how much I didn't know about him. Like how he despises east coast drivers. Today we were at Walmart and I realized one thing that ticks me off is those check out people at the store who seems to put every single item into a different grocery sack, so that you then have like 15 bags of groceries when really you could have like 5. I could care less about going "green", but come on how much more difficult does it make to put everything into as few as bags as possible so I only have to take one trip inside the house!

Tonight officially hits the end of the first school week for school. I love watching him study. It reminds me of my good ole' stressed days of nursing school. He has wanted to be in the medical field for so long, and now to actually be in school studying it, it's like a kid in a candy shop. Ya know the big scared eyes but a hint of excitement and anticipation for what's coming.

My mom and girls are still gone, so it's just the pups, my dad, Steve and me. It's been lovely having a nice and quiet house. I am taking advantage of the girls being gone, and cleaned the house upside down, and I swear every single article of dirty clothing in this house has been cleansed. The other day I went to the grocery store to get some stuff and I found myself realizing how much I miss shopping and caring for my own place. I am excited for one day having a place with Steve again and being able to care for it. I think God is slowly turning me into that Proverbs 31 woman, but shh don't tell Steve that since I was so adamant a few months ago that I am not wife material.

Oh last night at work I was talking with a few officers and one asked if I was going to stick around. Usually the correctional field scares away new people, and there is typically beats placed on how long the new nurse will last. I informed them that I had 3 years of DOC experience under my belt so this is a piece of cake...and the looks on their faces was priceless. They were like stuttering over what to say yet. I may be young and new to your facility, but one thing I know how to do is work with "big bad mean people" aka "cry baby criminals".

1 comment:

ashley said...

i've been married for 3 years & we're still learning about each other