Friday, July 1, 2011

climbing back onto the bandwagon

So today is July 1st. A new month, and a new day to jump back onto the bandwagon. I logged back onto MFP today for the first time in a long time, and I thought I would post my MFP blog on here for you to see as well...

I have majorly fallen off the bandwagon. I had lost all motivation. I was such on track and doing fabulous until I decided to up and move across country. When I moved I lost my routine and workout buddy, and a routine is what keeps me going. My life turned into job searching day in and day out and oh yeah kinda depression d/t lack of friends. But that's all an excuse. I would exercise a couple times a week, even still sign onto MFP but slacked majorly with my food logging. Over time it seemed like I lost my MFP support and eventually just stopped all together.

Beginning of May I got a job. Back in the correctional field as a nurse. I just finished orientation and am now on night shifts, which is a whole new ballpark for me. I don't know when to eat, when to sleep, and trying to do it with weight loss is um a total mystery to me.

The middle of May my best friend (and now boyfriend) moved across country to join me here in Virginia. I wish I could tell you the story of how we ended up together after a 6year friendship, but it's a long story and this isn't the blog for it! When he got here life seemed to turn around. I actually began caring again about taking care of my health. I think about the day we eventually will get married, and I want to be healthy and beautiful on my wedding day.

So here is July 1st, here is a new jump back onto the bandwagon. I am still adimant that this isn't a diet, this is a step by step process of living a healthy lifestyle, and I need you to support and encourage me in it. I have greatly missed my MFP support.

2 comments:

The Echols said...

This may sound weird, but I think a falling of the wagon episode is great for the mindset you have. It is not a diet but a lifestyle change, being able to get at it after falling off the wagon shows you how strong you are. I figured the big change and move was throwing you off, but here you are a new month and a new start. I am excited for you!

Love you.

ashley said...

I can understand where you are coming from (in a different perspective) since becoming a momma its become a 'play it by ear' sort of life. I've tried to stick with my eating schedule I started when Claire was still a 'fish swimming in the sea'. Since becoming a momma though, I have a longing to be here for her.And a wife to my husband. So its easier to take care of myself..not that I am doing as good as I could be..or should be. I know I have the self control. Practicing it can be SO hard