Sunday, September 25, 2011

10-22-11 ...

...at 1 pm is our official wedding date. We are having the ceremony at the gazebo behind Spurling Hall at CCCB. The gazebo has meaning between us and goes back to the very beginning of our friendship in the Spring of 2006. We will follow up with a cake and punch reception at the Pioneer Room at CCCB. We changed it for a variety of reasons, one of which NOT being is pregnancy. People who think that obviously doesn't know us at all. Anyways that's a different story for a different time. But back to my wedding. Yesterday we sent out formal invites to our family and wedding party, but the rest of it will be invites via facebook and word of mouth since it's right around the corner. We are trying to make this a small and intimate wedding with just close friends and family. Sadly and frustratingly the majority of my family won't be coming, but that's when I am reminded of all the support that Steve and I have received from his family and our amazing friends. I was also reminded, after we picked this day, that it is my Great Grandpa Pat and Great Grandma Zella's anniversary date; what better way to get married then on the same day that my great grandparents did and was married over 70 years to one another. It's almost like a challenge to beat them in years.

Yesterday we took time out of doing our wedding planning and working, and ended up having professional engagement pictures taken. From the sneak peak we had, I have a feeling they are going to turn out fabulously. And the same person is taking our wedding pictures and I have all the confidence in the world that she will be able to capture the love between us.

We are getting married in 27 days. I don't know why, but it's stressful and not very enjoyable planning a wedding. It would help if I wasn't sick and feeling like crap though. Maybe it's because I am stubborn and a procrastinator at heart, or finances, or maybe because I don't like to be the center of attention. I am the logical and realist of the relationship, and so can't fathom spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on just a single event that will only last a few hours. A wedding to me, is a union between two people and God committing to merging two lives together. The marriage is more important then the ceremony. That is why I am perfectly happy with having a small and intimate ceremony surrounded by the people that loves us as they celebrate the union of us in honor to God. Anyways all I know is that I just want the wedding day to be here and to have the event over and to move on to our life as man and wife.

1 comment:

ashley said...

i'm excited for you!!!