Thursday, September 29, 2011

A West Chester Dress?!?

Yesterday I bought my dress from David's Bridal. Since we are doing a more informal wedding, I started researching informal dresses and got a tip to look at bridesmaid dresses and so the search began and guess what, I immediately found a dress that I instantly fell in love with, and for a fabulous price. The dress is a champagne color. I have never been one that liked the pure white dresses and always leaned towards the ivory color anyways, so this adds yet another element of personalizing the wedding. I love the color. There is a catch with this dress though. It's only available online, so I can't try it on in person. Well that kinda stinks, but luckily I have bought 2 dresses in the past year so I know my size in their clothes, and after getting a few opinions from my sister and my MOH, I so went ahead and bought it. This morning I got confirmation that it has shipped...and of all the places in the world it shipped right out of West Chester, PA itself. Now if that isn't a sign that this is the dress for me, then what is? Haha the thought itself cracks me up!

We got the professional engagement pictures taken on Saturday. I think I mentioned that in my last blog. We received 3 sneak peak pics, and absolutely love them! I am tickled pink that Leslie will also be taking our wedding pictures. Sunday we finished and mailed out the wedding invitations to our family and bridal party, every one else is invited via facebook. Monday morning we went to the county courthouse and applied and received our marriage license. It was surprisingly quite simple, a mere $46 and our drivers license, and bam you are eligible for marriage. I thought it would be much more complicated them that. We are only 3 weeks, a mere 23 days away from the wedding! The time is going by quickly and before you know it I will be standing in a gazebo, cuz the weather will be beautiful and get hitched to my best friend the Redneck style.

The last 6 work days I have been on evenings. It was a welcomed sigh of relief. I love evening shift. It is definitely my choice of shift. I love the hours, nurses, and even officers. Steve works evenings, so it would be oh so more convenient to work the same hours as my very soon-to-be husband. The last week has been like being back in the old days. I am crossing my fingers waiting for a position to open on evening shift, and with the turn over rate it will eventually happen, and you better believe I will be all up on it like jelly on peanut butter. However I must say that day shift isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was dreading it at first, but with settling into the routine of being the only full time nurse in segregation, and being out there by myself away from the medical unit, doing my own thing, it helps...a lot. Tonight is my last evening shift and I go back to my segregation day shift position on Saturday.

1 comment:

The Echols said...

I am so freaking absolutely happy for you!