Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our first Home...

...sure we have lived together for the majority of the past year and a half, but this is the first time of us getting a house together. Making it our home.  The last two days we have cleaned and oh clean some more. Last night was the first night Miss Cady Mae and I have slept in the house...

I had been anxious about last night for quite awhile now. Anxious of sleeping in a house by myself, across town from Steve. Anxious about us starting our jobs and living separate lifes. Anxious of us growing apart instead of us growing together as an engaged couple. Throw in the stress of finances, becoming caregivers to a dear friend for a few days and utter exhaustion...well let's just say its been a roller coaster of an emotional week.

I wish we could continue to live under the same roof, but I know that we are doing the right thing. I love Steve, and I trust him and our relationship. Sure I am anxious to live with him, but for now that's after marriage. Cady and I survived our first night, including the multiple walnuts hitting the roof from our walnut tree.  But we survived, didn't sleep much, but we survived. For now I am going to learn to be content with all that God has blessed me with, rely on Him to get me through the day, and to enjoy this period of my life as an engaged couple.

1 comment:

ashley said...

my situation was different because I lived in the dorms, but not living together before marriage is well worth the wait! You probably know as well as I do, that engagement clearly adds another dynamic to the relationship and for me, made me wait to..get 'closer' WAY too soon because we knew we were going to get married anyway...