Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years...

8:46 am. A time that will forever be etched in American history. 10 years ago it seemed like the world was coming to an end, time seemed to stand still. Do you remember where you were a mere 10 years ago? I do. I remember I was sitting in science class, when the news came shattering down. But for me, it didn't stop there. For me, my family's life took a turn that day. For as soon as the Pentagon was hit, my dad received the called to head to D.C. to head up the repair of the communication lines... and thus started the weeks upon weeks upon months of him living in D.C. during the week and being home only for a short 48 hours on the weekend. We were living in Philly at this time, because of the city's location, alot of our fire fighters, police officers, and healthcare workers were called either to  NYC. A lot of our church members were closely effected by this tragic event. I remember the special services the church held that week. I remember a song that was written and sung that said something along the line that after the darkness the sun will always rise in the morning. That there is hope.

I remember a few short months after 9-11 going to NYC and seeing the destruction up close, it was erie. Just this summer I got to have a personal tour of the Pentagon and the memorial there.  It's hard to believe that 10 years has gone by. So much has happen since then, it seems like a lifetime ago; however, that  Tuesday morning is as vivid as ever etched in the hearts and minds of many Americans. I am proud to be an American.

No comments: