Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Best Friend


Of all the people in the world, why do I want to marry Stephen Paul Jones? Dr. Stevens asked me this question during premarital counseling the other day and I found myself really pondering this profound question.

Out of all the men in the world, why do I want to spend the rest of my life with him? The first thing that comes to my mind is most importantly Steve is a man of God, who is actively seeking God’s Will in his life as well as in our life together. He is willing to confront his past square in the face just to be with me, even when it’s the most challenging thing in the world. It’s like he is saying “I Choose you, you are worth it all”. He is not ashamed of people knowing about his past, but more is willing to say “I screwed up but God changed me”, and now wants to use that as a testimony. I admire him for that. Steve has become the spiritual head of our relationship and I know that he continually strives to grow into that leadership role for our family.

Out of all the men in the world, Steve is the one guy that is willing to look me in the eyes and actually see past my “ticked off look” and actually get to know me. He takes time to find out what bothers me, and what makes me happy. He respects me by putting boundaries in our relationship to keep us out of trouble. He recognizes our weaknesses and knows how to not cross the line so that we please God. He is the only guy in this world that I trust 110%, and considering my past, that says a lot. He makes me want to be a better person. I want to make him proud to be his girl.

When I think of Steve and his personality, I see him being the perfect person to complete me. He can be quiet and reserved, but also be in charge when need be. He guides me in the ways of the Lord. He has stuck by my side through thick and thin times, the good and bad. Steve is my significant other; my second half; my strength and provider. I feel completely at home when I am with him, and homesick when I am away from him. I feel like I can conquer the world as long as he by my side. Quite simply I love him more than anything in this world, and I can’t imagine not spending the rest of my life with him. He is the man that I want to wake up to in the morning and say goodnight to at the end of the day. He is the man that I want to lean on and rely to guide me through life, to be my help mate, to have a family with, to grow old with. Profoundly put, he completes me and is my best friend.

1 comment:

ashley said...

"I want to make him proud to be his girl" I wonder how many marriages (not placing blame on the wife all the time or anything) marriages would be saved if us wives remembered that every day