Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A needed day off

Ever need one of those days where you just don't do anything? Yah that's me today. But probably because every day off has been filled with moving people, grocery shopping, and what not. Today I am not planning to leave the house once. HAHA yah right, I don't know if it will work or not. But it's nice to know that I have nothing that needs to be done today.

Lately I have been thinking of getting a second job. Finances are quite tight, and I am tired of it. It seems like all the money is going towards bills with very little left over. No matter how much I said that I hate to move, I think it definitely needs to be something of consideration once February comes. I think we could downsize to a 2 bedroom house with a yard for Cady less then the $625 we are spending now for the 3 bedroom duplex. The idea of moving is so not appeasing right now, but maybe it a few months, and if we can find a good place with a good deal. Hmm who knows!

A coworker just told me that she got turned down her acceptance letter for the RN program, so that is down 2 that I know of. I am number 4 on the waiting list, so at least number 2 now. Maybe it still is a possibility. A lot can happen in 3 1/2 months... Speaking of nursing there was a patient of ours that was getting IV medication due to a very rare disease, and it causes petechiae. Anyways his vein collapsed and he needed a new IV site placed, and none of the nurses could get a successful stick, so they called me. I just laughed at them, like 'and you called me, why?' type of thing. Anyways much to everyone's shock I got a darn good stick on the first attempt! That is always a little booster to one's week.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Hope you make it into the program! Congrats on the successful stinking