Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To Buy or Not to Buy

Lately I have been watching way too much HGTV. Shows such as buying houses, selling houses, income properties, design to sell, I can go on and on. I love it! I love seeing rooms refurnished and updated. It has got me thinking recently of buying a house. I went to Sutherland's yesterday and got lumber to make slates for the new bed in the guest bedroom, and literally spent an hour going up and down every aisle looking at nails, screws, paint, knobs, lights, toilets, sinks, wood, etc. I love the smell of a hardware store. So much possibilities. Let's face it I have been in Moberly 6 years now. I love my job. I am hesitant to say this, but I can see myself here for many years. I grew up in the military, we moved every 2 years, like clock-work, so for me to even want a house and settle down that is just umm different. It's like the American dream. I want a house with a garden, a lavatory, a porch swing, a yard big enough for Cady (and maybe a future playmate) to run free and enjoy barking at the birds. I want to be a little in the country, not like right down town. Oh my I think Missouri has changed this city girl. I really think renting wastes a lot of money. I pay $625 a month, for a house that I have tried to make homey, and at the end of the year what do I have to show for it? Absolutely nothing, zilch, nada. Even if I dont end up buying, I think we are going to look for a cheaper place to rent ($625 is high for Moberly) and I really need a bigger yard for my puppy. We shall see.

No comments: