Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jail, Steve and More

A few weeks ago I saw an ad for a "Correctional Health Nurse 3". I had no clue what the "3" stands for, so after googling it found out it was a RN charge nurse, but went ahead and called asking if they hired LPN's. They told me to go ahead and sent my resume in. A week ago Friday I was heading to go bridesmaid dress shopping and got a call from them asking for an interview. I went in for one on Monday and was interviewed by the human resource officer and medical directer. I knew immediately that this was the job that I wanted. Sure it was a jail, but it was still the correctional field. They gave me a huge packet to fill out covering everything, by everything I mean: all my personal info, my siblings addresses and SSN, all addresses for last 10 years, all drivers records from the 4 states I had licenses for, all financial debt, criminal records, college and high school transcripts, 9 references, birth certificate...literally the whole nine yards. Anyways I filled it out and went in on Thursday for a polygraph. Talk about nerve wracking, but I knew I had nothing to hide. The polygraph took 4 hours, 3 on it was a general interview and an hour the actual test. Oh yes and fingerprinting. After words I had a tour of the facility by the medical director who I originally interviewed with. She basically told me that I had the job in the bag as long as my background check and polygraph came back good. Friday I got a call from them saying they needed one more reference, whom I personally called and got them to fax it. I am now waiting to see what the next step is. Oh and I found out it is a pay increase, almost double of what I was making before. Crossing my fingers to this job!

On other news Steve informed he is thinking of moving out here. Well as he said he is 100% sure of it. We have talked about it for awhile now, and he is applying for nursing schools and jobs with a projected move in June but possible sooner if a job comes about. I would love to have a friend out here. So we shall see.

The girls are on Spring Break this week. Hopefully we can find something fun to fill the time.

1 comment:

The Echols said...

Hope you get the job!