Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Not Settling

So last week I was hired at a skilled nursing facility. I was hired full time, but the time I went through the paperwork orientation they changed it to part time by just one shift less then full time. The catch was to do a double on Fridays then turn around and do every Saturday, Sunday and every other Monday. By doing it every other Monday that means I wouldn't have full time. When asked about it they said I would never get it. When I said I needed off one weekend for my sister's wedding in June they laughed at me. They said by getting this job I would agree to every weekend period. I am sorry but if you aren't willing to work with me, and I agree to work every single weekend, then you simply aren't the job for me. I would be settling. I didn't move all the way out here for that.

So yesterday it was back to the drawing boards. I got a call yesterday from the gov job in Fairfax that I had a phone interview with back in Missouri, then a second interview here. After a big headache of all the government requirements of background checks and what not they finally offered me a full time job yesterday. It's okay pay. But only by 10% of what I was making in Missouri. However I will be working overnights so it would be an added $2 shift differential. Fabulous benefits though. The only catch to this job is that I can't start till the 25th. 3 weeks. Seriously?!? Until then there is things I have to do for them, paperwork, finger printing. Oh well what can I do?

I do have a juvie interview set up for next Wednesday. I figured I might as well still interview with them to see how it goes since it is right up my line of duty. The good news of the week, I had Lily all day Sunday since Briana was sick. And my Aunt Cindy comes to town on Thursday for a visit with the family. So do you ask if I regret moving here? Absolutely not. Sure I miss my friends. And sure I don't have a job. But I am ok financially for right now. I have tried a job with a staffing agency and now with a nursing home and I definitely know not to settle. A job is a job, and the right one is coming for this next season in my life. But family is more important and I did move out here to be a part of their life. And this is exactly where I need to be.

No comments: