Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rewards


So someone on MFP recently asked me what I was going to do when I reach my goal of losing 150 pounds. By losing 150 pounds total I will make have gone from 333 to 183. I am not sure how much I want to lose, but when I get in the 180's I can re-evaluate it and then decide. I think I want to be closer to 150, but to loose 150 lbs would be an incredible feat. I have been on this weight loss path for exactly 6 months now, and I just reached 50 lbs lost, meaning 1/3rd of my goal! When I reached this a friend on MFP asked me what my overall goal will be. Sure I will need clothes and what not, but if that's my overall goal, heck I can go get new clothes now. I want a fabulous reward. And my reward is going to go back to Africa and visit my dear friends Sandy and David. Sandy has been a huge supporter in my weight loss endeavors. I think back to when we were in Tanzania, and how much I wanted to climb the "mini" Mt Kilimanjaro, but I knew it wasn't possible, so instead I went giraffe hunting while the others climbed the mountain. I was at church on Sunday and the preacher talked about being lonely, and I was flipping through my Bible and came across a little piece of paper that Sandy made for me. It took me back to our time in Bible College, and of course Africa, where I got the name appointed to me "the Shinny One". That is when I knew that my reward for losing 150 lbs was going to be a trip back to Africa, to visit my dear friends and the work they are doing to bring the love of God to the Namibian people.

1 comment:

The Echols said...

You still have that picture? I love you Ashley, I have had a rough couple of weeks dealing with some things. This encouragement and love from you is just what I needed. There is no way that we as people know that things that people around us need, but God is always there knowing exactly what we need to hear. This is EXACTLY the encouragement I needed today.
We have a second bedroom, open and ready for you. And when you get here we will hike up on the highest hills around here, and when we get to the top we can scratch our names on the height pole.

I love you so much Ash, thanks for this, and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!