Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Waiting Game

Ugh I hate it! This waiting game of staring at the phone just begging it to ring and the other person on the other line say "congrats you got the job". But no the phone hasn't rung once today, not a single person has called me, not even my mother let alone the detention center and hopefully future employer.

Yesterday I had round 2 of the medical portion. I had a in depth physical, chest x-ray then met with the doctor to go over all of my test results. I passed all the test, minus the 22 minute shortage of the stress test, but even then I had no ischemia, chest pain or abnormal EKG during the stress test so I should be fine. The only abnormal thing she found was a slightly elevated LDL level (bad cholesterol). The doctor said exercise and diet should put it back into normal range. I laughed inside thinking "umm and what have I been doing the past 205 days?" It makes me wonder what my lab levels were like BEFORE I started my new healthy lifestyle.

So after some research I have really cracked down on my diet since I have become somewhat lax with quality healthy food intake since moving. Now I am really trying to focus on foods that are going to specifically help with lowering my LDL levels. Yesterday I walked 5 miles just so I could have Subway for lunch, and today I mowed the yard and aerobic stepped to the Biggest Loser.

Anyways just thought I would update real quick...and now back to the waiting game!

1 comment:

ashley said...

waiting seems like the worst sometimes!