Friday, May 13, 2011

2 years

Today news rolled in that a dear friend from CCCB, Barbara Ann, suffered a heart attack while in church last night deep in the Australian plain that she called home. She was a friend that I loved to FB chat with. I loved her smile, her smile was contagious, always the glass half full, a listening ear, and bound to make your day better. She left behind a newly wed, just having celebrated a little over a year with her hubby. But she left this world to be reunited with her mother and to meet her Savior. She is dancing in the streets of heaven. This world is a darker place because she is gone. But heaven is celebrating for another one returning home.

Sitting here with a broken heart, I began to think back to memories of my CCCB days, and realized that tonight is graduation for them. Some friends of mine are graduating tonight, and I decided what perfect time then to watch the ceremony online. It's been 2 years now since my graduation. And oh my what has happened in 2 years. 2 years ago, I walked across the stage and received my diploma, the next day I moved to St Charles. After spending a little less then 3 months there I had enough, and moved back to Moberly. Back to my friends, my job at CMS, and a much needed time of financial healing. My time back in Moberly was great, a time for growing, finding financial stability, heart breaks with friends, but deepening relationships with other friends whom I miss dearly, and of course deepening my skills as a nurse.

2 years has flown and I just can't help but thing where I will be in 2 years. What will I be doing? Will I still be employed at the ADC of PWC? Will I have my own place? Will I have another niece or nephew? Will I go back to school for my RN? Will I go overseas again? Will I be married? I sure don't know, but I am holding fast to God knows and I want to just be able to say that in 2 years I will be in the Will of God. Where do you want to be in 2 years?

No comments: