Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Worth It All

Work's going fabulous, I am learning the ropes, doing medication rounds on my own, and learning bits and pieces of different African cultures from all my coworkers. Today I left work feeling chilled, as I pulled my coat on and got to my car and saw I had a missed call from Kevin. Finding it strange I called him back before I even had time to pull out of the parking lot. That's when he broke the news of Mr Fuller dying. I lost it. Usually I can contain myself better, but after getting off of a 10 hour shift, Babs death, and now hearing of a man of God that made such an impact on my life I just couldn't hold it in anymore. 2 deaths in one week, plus other very personal life changing events, it's been an emotional week. I feel sorry for Kevin having to listen to me blabber for a good 20 minutes during my drive home!

I know the past few months has been rough for CCCB with Mr Shantz being diagnosed with tongue cancer and Regina Green with the return of her cancer causing both of them to resign and go into retirement, and now these 2 deaths...anyways I found myself thinking back to my time at CCCB and remembered a song by Rita Springer that I fell in love with during my early years in Moberly. I hope is blesses you as much as it has me...

No comments: