Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Guy


I guess since it's official on facebook, then I should blog about my recent life changes. And let me tell you, it's mind blowing and God ordained. I wish people would see it as that, as how I see it. God has been at work for the past 6 years creating a love story that I can no longer ignore and tell God "no" to. 2 months ago God revealed to me who I was going to marry. It scared the living daylights out of me, and I argued about it for quite a while. But I got tired of saying no to God, tired of fighting it. So I turned it over to God, desiring nothing else but His Will for my life. As soon as I stopped fighting, I got a job. A job that usually is a 6 month process, and I got it from application to start date in less then a month and a half. When I stopped fighting it I saw my best friend for who he really was, who God had been revealing to me. What's crazy is God has been revealing the exact same thing to him at the exact same time. God's been changing his life, and I am so excited to see the man of God he is becoming. He is moving here and should arrive in T-minus 10 days give or take. Sure it will be a long road but a road I will be walking side by side with my man. I am excited to live the life God is giving us together.

2 comments:

The Echols said...

Oh my goodness Ashley! That is so very very exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! :)

SayLiLiG said...

So happy for you! My best friend is also my man now :) Funny how it works that way! Glad that god has set things in motion for you.