Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birthday



Yesterday I celebrated my 24th birthday. 24 years ago I made my grand debut into this world. This past year has flown by, and my life has changed upside down. A year ago I celebrated my birthday by driving to Columbia to get my bridesmaid dress for Lauren and Kevin's wedding, then back home to get a new dryer delivered, Carigan giving up the surprise birthday cake, then work in the evening. At work my coworkers through me a mini party, I was truly blessed.

Looking back over the year, I am amazed at how much one person's life can change in 365 days. This past year of my life looks a little like this: went to Chicago with Steve, Myrtle Beach with the family, fell in love with Lily, started a healthy lifestyle thanks to MFP, lost 50 lbs, went to 3 spa parties, Christmas in Chicago, had 5 people and 2 dogs in a duplex, waded through 3+ feet of snow and spent many hours shoveling it, experienced the heartache from having your closest friend give up on me, celebrated a year of having my raccoon eye St Bernard in my life, left Missouri spiritually broken, but moved to Virginia and refell in love with Jesus, got blessed with a great job, watched Lily make her first steps and love her baby kisses, oh and yes found myself falling in love with an amazing man who sent me my favorite flowers.

This year I celebrated my birthday by getting a pedicure, eating a goat lunch, working a 12 hr shift, and a nice little dinner with the family. I am indeed blessed and thank God for the past year. There was a lot of heart ache and tribulations, but through God I overcame it, refound my faith in God and He has overfilled my cup with joy. I am looking forward to the next year of my life and seeing where God takes me.

1 comment:

The Echols said...

This post brought a huge smile to my face. There is something awesome about being able to look back and see where you have been and how much you have grown. Just think of what you will post a year from now!!

Love you!