Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's Officially Official!


Last Thursday I got a call verbally telling me I was accepted for the position at the detention center. I held my breath to tell many people until I actually got the letter in the mail. It's seems much more official when it's in writing. Finally a week later I got the letter in the mail. It doesn't may much, but what it implies is a whole new chapter in my life. My last job had such a great impact on my life, it wasn't just a job, the coworkers became my family. And I am hoping that this place will have such an impact in my life. The location is great, pay is even better, I can now join a gym, and the only down side is working nights, but at least they are 4 10's instead of 5 8's! I am very excited to be going back to prison so to speak, to the point that it is just odd admitting it! It's a world that no one understands until they are in the correctional field.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited for you. I pray you find joy in this career, too, if not more.