Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HR, dresses, and purses oh my


Well I officially completed my 3 days of orientation with human resources. It was just me and a middle aged man former FBI agent that is now the newest jail officer. I got to watch him be sworn in, and together we got new badges, enrolled in benefits, got to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe, watched hilarious safety videos, and tons and tons of paperwork. This afternoon we were released from out human resource orientation, and tomorrow I FINALLY get to go to the medical department and start my hands on orientation and meet my fellow coworkers. I am quite nervous. I hate being the new person and having no clue where I am, where to put my lunch, the rules, etc. But tomorrow that changes all of it. Sure I get paid the last three days but ultimately in mind tomorrow is the "first" day.



Last night I went to David's Bridal and got the bridesmaid dress for Brandy's wedding altered. Yay it fit, well except for the chest was way too big. I wonder if the 50 lbs I lost was all in the chest haha. Yesterday Brandy had bridal shower. I moved halfway across country to be near family for these family occasions, but of course had to miss it due to work.



The best news of all is that I went to Target in search of black socks and black tennis shoes and only came out with a new black purse for only $7 on clearance. I am proud to say I now own 2 purses, which is huge news in my life!

God's working on my heart right now. I am seeing some things in a new light and maybe a "what if", and if I said it out loud I am sure many people would be shocked. I am very interested to see what the future holds, and if it has anything to do with what's going through my mind and heart, in which only God could ordain, well let's just say I have a feeling my life is going to be turned upside down.

1 comment:

The Echols said...

You are going to do great at this new job! I love that dress and purse too, very cute! It is true that there is something special about owning tow purses, it made me feel like "I am a real grown up now!"

You are in my thoughts constantly, rooting for you!