Friday, August 26, 2011

First family roadtrip

Well its official...I can marry Steve...why I say this, you ask?  Well quite simply because we took our first family roadtrip with my gigantic puppy and didn't kill eachother. It took us exactly 20 hours  to make the treck from Washington DC to Moberly,MO. It was pretty uneventful minus the traffic, rain and yummy Chinese food with Roxie and getting to meet her fiance.  Steve and I talked for hours, I just love our long and epic convos.  I feel like I could talk to him for hours about anything under the sun.  I think we are really developing our communication skills.

We got into town at 4am.  Thank God for Andrea and letting us crash on their couch and watch Miss Cady Mae.  We had a pretty epic first day back.  Went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch with Andrea, grocery shopping with Mindy Moo, house hunting with Lauren, and a nice homemade meal by Lauren and Kevin, followed with a relaxing evening together. I even found out Moberly has a new dog park. Overall it was a pretty awesome first day back.

I have constantly been reminded today just how much God has blessed me. I moved back with my fiance to our home, and repeatedly been reminded just how much friends and that community feeling is important to have. I love running into people I know. I love that my friends have become my family. Sure I may be stressed with settling down but I am genuinely happy amf content.

No comments: