Monday, August 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home




Guess what! I am so excited to finally be able to say what my big "what if" is from the last blog. Steve and I are moving home...together. Home to the Midwest. Home to the land of Rednecks, country music, dirt roads, rodeos, and good friends. Today I was offered my job back at MCC, this time working day shift. All I got to to is pee in a cup for them and the job is mine. Can I say I hate peeing in cups? I know random thought. Anyways due to schedule conflicts the plan is for my last night of work to be next Wednesday night and then to hit the road after work early Thursday, August 25th. Can you say "yay" for a road trip, with the big cuddly St Bernard taking up half the car and wide open blue sky! It is sure to be the first of many family road trips.

There is quite a bit to do to prepare to move. I am already starting to stress about it. I wish I was like Steve where all I have to say is "yep, got the superman boxers, so good to go". No instead I am thinking of what we will need when we are there. The sad thing is that there is no hitch on my car, so no uhaul... So basically we are taking whatever fits in the car with the two of us and Miss Cady Mae. But at least I got Steve by my side to remind me that we really don't need it all, it's just material goods. Tomorrow I am going to start going through stuff and decide what to take, what to store for later, and so forth.

I know this road we are going to embark on wont be easy. It will be more difficult for Steve to face his past, but I know he is committed to me and have the faith that he will come out stronger on the other end. Finances will be a little tight at the beginning, but once we settle in it should be fine. It will be nice to have a job I actually love, with great coworkers. Oh and that little thing called friends and a support system. Not to mention it taking 5 minutes to get anywhere in town.

I think of the reasons why I moved out East, and what I left behind. I regretted moving before I even left. Thanks to that major snow storm a week before moving that cause me to have to wade in waste deep snow to get home in the middle of the night, it made me realize just how much love and support I had in the small little town. I don't necessarily regret moving East, because in the past 6 months I have found God again and deepened my relationship with Him and He has blessed me in return with giving me the desires of my heart: a man of God that just happened to be my best friend, who I just happened to fall in love with. Moberly became home along time ago, and it's somewhere that we want to get married, settle down and raise a family in.

2 comments:

ashley said...

I am happy I might get to see you again soon. I'm assuming the next time I will be in Moberly in November but if you make a trip to KC anytime soon, you'll have to stop and see me

The Echols said...

So happy for you! Do you have a place to stay? You should check out our old house, our landlord is so nice and he will never raise the price on you! His name is mr. Donald Spicer you can tell him we recommend you. Good luck!