Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good Ole' Moberly

So I wanted to let you know that I accepted a position at a correctional facility...a correctional facility in Missouri...scratch that in Moberly...My old position to be exact. I have been in Virginia for a month now, and have had no job leads, no friends, nothing. Sure there is family, but family will always be there for you. If you asked me point blank if I was happy here, then I would say no. I am not. I miss my job. I miss my coworkers. I miss the prison. I miss the YMCA and working out with Andrea and water aerobics. I miss it all. Today I was offered my old position back. I said yes. I feel like I am going home. People don't think I have things figured out, but I do. I have a job waiting for me, people that I can crash with, and people searching for housing. I have a community, a village so to speak. I asked God for a sign for what to do, to be in His Will, and I am at complete peace that this is what I am to do.

2 comments:

The Echols said...

I think that is a great decision, I am a little jealous too, I would love to get back to Moberly!! Good luck!!

Amy Lynn said...

You do what's best for you Ashley. That's all you can do. If that's what you think you need to do, then do it!!! You need to be happy. You deserve to be happy, and if Moberly makes you happy, then that's what you need to do. I wish you the best!!! I truly do. I think you have things figured out. Sometimes it takes a little while to get where you need to be, but you can get there. I am happy for you Ashley!! Good luck although I don't think you need it. And I am always praying for you!!!