Friday, March 11, 2011

Daniel's Fast

So I am a born again believer of Jesus Christ and this year decided to give something up for lent for the first time as a time of remembering Christ's life, his gruesome death and glorious resurrection. So for lent I decided to give up cheese and bread...then yesterday I was talking with my sister-in-law and she said the food she gave up is too easy and she has found in just two days that she has turned to other foods to fill it's void. So she said that she wants to do the Daniel Fast as a preparation of sacrificing enjoyable foods to remember the ultimate sacrifice. She said she wanted me to support her in doing so, and after praying I decided that I will join her in it. We are going to start Monday morning. My only problem is that I am allergic to beans, so it will make it a little more challenging to get protein...This is not a diet but a fasting of my enjoyable foods. I will make sure I get at least 1200 but try to get closer to my usual 1500 to 1800. Anyways I wanted to see if anyone had any advice or good recipes to use on this?

1 comment:

AJ, Pattie, and Arianna Brewer said...

Here is a link I found for recipes and all http://daniel-fast.com/recipes.html