Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Job

Well I did it. I stuck in there and got me a full time job. Ok it really wasn't that's hard to do so. It's a perfect location, 2 miles up the road. Can't get lost, since it's on the same main road that's by my parent's house, then right behind 7-11. It is called Gainesville Health and Rehab Center. It's not the typical nursing home, instead it's more skilled nursing, more of a rehabilitation center. They are expanding and getting a cardiac unit, that will work closely with the local hospital having telemetry, ekg's, etc so they don't have to stay in a hospital but have specialized cardiac care. It's good to see that they are expanding and getting bigger with better specializations then going the other direction...

Today I had the general orientation. You know typical paperwork, tour, and lots of policies. There was 3 other people there, 2 CNA's and 1 LPN. Tomorrow me and the other LPN with have a nursing orientation, then I get my schedule. It's nice because they have a permanent schedule. So I will know what my schedule is now and 6 months from now. Great for planning. Very good pay and benefits. So it all works out. It's not correctional care, but it is nursing, and this will help me to use other nursing skills that I haven't since nursing school. So we shall see how it goes.

No comments: