Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Blur...

...that's what this week has been, or at least what it feels like. Maybe it's because it's been my long week at work, and I have one more night to go before 2 days off. Let me just say that when you work overnights, having just one night off doesn't cut it, most time is spent sleeping, or in my case forcing myself to stay awake to do various errands that makes the whole day seem like a foggy mess. My sisters and mom just got home last night while I was at work. The house has been peaceful, quiet and clean for the most part, but now that they have come back I am sure everything is going to turn upside down. It will be nice to have them back, but I am a tad bit concerned about my sleeping schedule being interrupted. See I sleep in the basement, and there is not insulation between me and the wood floors in the living room and kitchen. No insulation + someone walking = massive stamped of elephants (or so it seems). So we shall see how it goes.

Last night before I went to work we did a Harris bbq that for us 99.99% of the time consists of salmon, hamburgers, hot dogs and if you are lucky chicken. James and Bri came over with Lily. To make a short story short, I majorly got the vibe that Steve is intimidated around my brother. James is very protective of his 4 sisters, and his personality is a very quite one where he will observe you forever without saying a word...intimidating right? Nah... Well anyways Steve walked me out of the house when I was leaving for work, and as I was getting in the car, I said across the garden something like "see ya tomorrow...oh and I love you." The look on his face was priceless. I think it caughts us both off guard. It's something that neither of us has ever said outloud to one another. And I am a very traditional person, to the point of it's the man's job to initiate something. So for me to have said, out on a whim, without even thinking about it (which I have a bad habit of doing), it umm was quite interesting and I just wish I could have been on the same side of the garden as Steve, to really see what the emotions on his face was. But alas I was on the wrong side...

1 comment:

ashley said...

"I love you" is SUCH a big step. I'm happy for you. Even though you didn't get to clearly see his reaction