Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wake up and smell the coffee...

Last night after my emotional rollar coaster of a night, Steve and I talked for several hours. Some days I swear our convos go round and round in circle, but last night I think we actually accomplished something. Thanks to Steve I realized that I am not giving it a honest try here. It's like I have been counting down the months waiting for the bell to sound on when it's time to move again (thanks to the Army life I grew up in). Which is why in 2 weeks I will have been here for 5 months and how many friends have I made, how many small groups have I gotten involved in, how many times have I gone to Frontline, how many people have I walked up to and introduced myself to? Yep that's right, zilch. It's no wonder we aren't happy here, I mean after all "before anything else and above everything else we are relational creatures". So starting this Sunday, we are going to actually start trying. Actually start trying to settle into Virginia, and deep down try to make it our new home. And watch we will probably end up growing old here...

Today I woke up to the smell of coffee. It was splendid, and I don't even like coffee, nor did I drink it, but it was a splendid smell to wake up to. I have been on this weird cooking spring recently. I have made more meals in this kitchen this past week, then I have the entire 5 months of living here. Today I randomly wanted tator tot casserole, so what did I do, I raved the freezer and cabinets, and came up with a somewhat healthy concoction for it. Random I know, but it must not have turned out too bad considering almost 3/4ths of the pan is gone. I am looking for new ideas for recipes, got any to share?

Well it's off to work I go.

No comments: