Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Roller Coaster

At this given moment I have a ton of emotions running through my head. I feel like at times I live on a roller coaster. I wouldn't categorize myself as an emotional person, maybe I am just tired, hmm who knows. Tonight I received 3 phone calls. 3 calls that makes me want to scream with emotions.

One call was from a old roomie. A nice and normal convo, that just makes me miss having friends in the area.

Another call was from a freaking fabulous friend to tell me that she is "engaged". I am sooo happy for her, she definitely deserves the man of her dreams. Even planning the wedding for New Years Eve. Crazy idea I know, but it's definitely her. It makes me oh slightly jealous, considering they have only been dating about the same time that Steve and I have been. She was telling me all of these fabulous things about them, probably more then I should really know about, and it makes me just want to go "sigh, I wish I had that". I know I shouldn't compare myself to any other person, or couple for that matter, but I secretly do.

The third call I got was from another old roomie. There is talk of a potential job that would require a move back to Moberly. At times I wish I was back in Moberly. I loved my life there. I miss going to Walmart and seeing familiar faces. I miss having that small town community feel. I miss my friends. I miss my job. I miss the gym and my gym buddy.

Simply put I miss my old life. I thought that with moving here I would enjoy being near family. I thought that once I got a job, I would settle into a routine, and actually feel at home here. But I don't. I feel like I am on a prolong visit. Oh well it's just one night of emotions, tomorrow shall be better.

No comments: